#32: I'm a Bit of a Geocacher

Photo number thirty-two of Operation 365: I'm a bit of a geocacher.

If you've never heard of Geocaching don't worry. Up until two weeks ago, I hadn't either. But it's actually quite fun!

Geocaching is like a world wide scavenger hunt. People hide little tubes, tupperwares or ziplocks known as "cache" in various geographical points all over the globe. Inside, there is a log - that you sign upon finding. There can also be goodies or trackable items that you have to carry on to another cache.

So any way, you find these cache and log them online. There's no prize or anything, but it IS quite satisfying to find that little log.

Today, I went geocaching on my lunch break. Last weekend we visited "The Sloth, one of Seven deadly Sins".

Here's the description: One of Seven to be placed. Easy to get to. Maybe not so easy to find. Great Location for learning. This is one of my favorite places to take the kids or see a lazer light show at night. No bushwacking at all.

Hint: If you had a time machine and went back in time. You would not want to run into this. Related to the Armadilos family.

So, we realized that it was the big dinosaur next to the museum off US1.

But we searched for 30 minutes and came up short. Today, we went back with another strong clue and wouldn't you know within 3 minutes, we found it. Great find. Lots of fun.

I planted a cache at my job along with my geocaching crew, "D@be$tgeocachers" and hope to put one up around my neighborhood to.

Hope it inspires you to try. It's so much fun! But get a really good compass or download the app on your phone. Otherwise it's a mission. LOL
0 Responses