#14: I'm a little bit Zeny

Photo number fourteen of Operation 365: I'm a little bit Zeny.

No, not zany... ZENy. I love herbal medicine and meditation. I'm a huge fan of Yoga, hot rock treatments for sore backs, breathing exercises and I think it would have been cool to actually Chinese torture someone. Ok, so the last one really has nothing to do with Zen, but it would have been fun. LOL

Zen, is actually a Japanese word that derived from several variations of other cultures and languages. It's part of the school of Mahāyāna Buddhism.

It's theory is very simple and focuses on tuning out the world around you to find your inner peace. When you are unsure of things, you can try to "find you zen" by meditating. You can find answers to pretty much anything when in full zen.

I know it sounds silly. But I find it so true. I can literally "zen out" as I call it, and visual things in different color. A purple wall might be green, or blue.

Since I can't necessarily sit on the floor cross legged in my office, I got this very peaceful waterfall, and a rubbing stone where you are supposed to concentrate your negative thoughts on.

Often, when my stress level is ceiling high, I'll just stop for a second and stare at my waterfall. I try to "zen out" until I can picture the water flowing in a different color. By this time I have cleared my mind totally and am ready to try and tackle that project again...

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But at least for a few seconds I can find some sort of peace from the madness cluttering my email.
0 Responses