#20: I love art

Photo number twenty of Operation 365: I love art.

There's something so intriguing about art for me. Maybe it's because in many cases I can replicate the work and it annoys me that these people are making thousands of dollars doing it.

For example: This painting on my wall is worth $600. Seriously? I can paint it myself for less. And yet, there's something I actually really love about it.

It really looks like Miami. It's Key Biscayne from the water side.

I actually didn't buy this painting. I did, however, consider it.

It's from an auction we had for the organization I work for... the Alpha-1 Foundation. All proceeds went to finding a cure for a very rare, genetic condition that causes lung/liver disease in people of all ages.

But even though it was for a good cause, I still couldn't see paying that much for a painting. So my wonderful boss let me put it in my office to at least enjoy while I'm at work.

Pretty cool, eh?
0 Responses